Pay homage to everyone’s favorite Christmas character with the easy-to-make Grinch shot.
Bright green and topped with a red “heart”, it is the perfect drink to serve at your next holiday party.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information
MORE CHRISTMAS COCKTAILS
The Grinch Shot
If you’re looking for a festive adult experience during the holidays, give this Grinch Shot a go!
The melon liqueur adds a delightfully fruity flavor while the coconut rum adds a harder kick with as just much flavor to give.
Plop a cherry in the bottom for the perfect Grinchy presentation.
Ingredients For The Grinch Shot
Get ready for the holidays with this delicious and easy to make Grinch shot!
Much like our Grinch cocktail, this bright green drink is just like everyone’s favorite Christmas character.
The best part about this drink is that it can be made in minutes – making it perfect for the crowd at your holiday party.
Our recipe below makde four shots but you can easily double or triple it.
Here’s what you need for this cocktail – for full step-by-step instructions, scroll down to our recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Midori Melin Liqueur
- Coconut Rum
- Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Cocktail Shaker
- 4 2-Ounce Shot Glasses
How To Make A Grinch Shot
This Christmas shot is easily made in minutes.
Plus – simply double the recipe to make it for a crowd!
Step 1: Shake it up
Add the Midori and coconut rum to a cocktail shaker.
Give it a light shake and pour evenly into 4 shot glasses (more if your glasses are smaller).
Step 2: Garnish Your Drink
Remove the stems of the cherries and place one in the bottom of each shot glass (you can do this before pouring, if desired). Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Perfect Grinch
- You can use smaller shot glasses as the mixture will still be perfectly even either way.
- The Grinch shot can be made in advance and stored in the fridge, in a sealed container.
Of course, outside the fridge would be fine as well, but I feel the better outcome is when the ingredients have remained chilled.
It just tastes fresher.
If making in advance, do not add the cherries. Only add those when ready to serve.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut rum, you can swap it out for another clear alcohol, but it’s important to note that this change can drastically alter the taste of the shot.
- If you can’t find Midori, another green melon liqueur should be fine.
Green Hawaiian Punch or green prepared Kool-Aid has been a hit as well, although these two options make for a much weaker, sweeter shot.
- If your ingredients are chilled and you want cold shots, simply pop a couple chunks of ice in your shaker and use a strainer to pour the shots so the ice doesn’t come with it.
This fun and festive shot can be made in minutes and is always a hit! Double or triple the recipe to make it for the crowd at your next holiday gathering.
- 4 oz Melon liqueur (MIdori or similar)
- 4 oz Coconut Rum
- 4 Maraschino Cherries
- Add the Midori and coconut rum to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds then strain into your shot glasses
- Garnish each shot with a cherry and serve immediately.