These Orange Jello Shots with rum are the perfect addition to any party this Halloween.
Grab the easy recipe below and also don’t forget the free printable pumpkin jello toppers that are perfect for a Halloween party.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information
MORE HALLOWEEN JELLO SHOTS
Orange Jello Shots With Rum
Make up a batch of these orange jello shots ahead of time and they will be a fantastic treat for your guests.
Serve them with one of these 50 + Spooky Halloween Cocktails for a really fun seasonal treat.
And click here for a bunch for amazing Halloween Jello shot recipes.
Although the recipe fills about 14 regular sized jello shot cups, you can make a big batch by multiplying the recipe.
Make sure to keep the ratio of alcohol and water the same so that the jello can still set.
You can also use the larger 5.5oz jello cups like I did and you will get about 7 shots out of this recipe.
These are the simple ingredients you need for this yummy jello shot recipe.
For full step-by-step instructions, scroll down to our recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Serves: 7 cups for 5.5 oz. size or 14 shots for 2.2 oz. size
- 1 – 6 oz. box orange Jell-o
- Boiling water
- Whipped cream for topping
- Black sprinkles for topping
- 7 or 14 – Halloween pumpkin toppers
How To Make Orange Jello Shots With Rum
Make the Jello: Make jell-o as direct on package. Replace 1 cup water with 1 cup rum.
Fill the cups: Place the jell-o in the fridge for up to 8 hours or until set. Once jell-o is set move to the next step.
Serve: Fill each cup with a little whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with sprinkles. Place the topper into the jell-o.
Non-alcoholic Orange Jello shots: Use an extra cup of cold water instead of rum.
Use Vodka instead of rum: If you prefer, you can substitute the rum for vodka 1:1 in this recipe
How To Use The Pumpkin Toppers
Click here to download the PNG image of the Halloween pumpkin and print off as many times as you like.
Just tape or glue it to a toothpick then put in to the jello once it is ready.
These also work really great for cupcakes.
How To Serve Your Orange Jello Shots
Instead of your basic jello shots, these tasty shots will be a huge hit at your next holiday party.
You can serve these in the traditional two-ounce shot cups or try one of these awesome serving ideas:
- Serve the orange jello shots in little Jack O’Lantern pudding cups.
- Even easier, why not use your favorite molds for jello shots instead of the little cups?
- Top each shot with a mini candy pumpkin
These easy to make Jello shots are perfect for a Halloween party. You can make them ahead and put them in the fridge for up to 24 hours before serving.
Download the free printable pumpkin image and you have some cute toppers for your jello shots too!
- 6 oz package red Jello
- 1.5 Cups Hot Water
- 1 cup rum
- Whipped Cream
- Black sprinkles
- Free printable toppers
- Boil the water and add the contents of the Jello package and stir for 2 minutes, until the powder is dissolved.
- Add rum and stir
- Pour into shot cups and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Top with a squirt of whipped cream and black sprinkles
- Add your pumpkin topper if desired
To make the toppers:
- Download the png of the pumpkin
- Print off as many as you need in color
- Tape the back of each pumpkin to a wooden toothpick