Christmas morning, the coffee is brewing and the tree is up. As you sit down to enjoy your Christmas Morning coffee with a cinnamon roll or croissant, you’ll be glad you found this recipe.
If you want to serve something a little special and festive this holiday season, look no further than this delicious Christmas coffee cocktail that is made with a blend of Bailey’s, Frangelico and of course, freshly brewed coffee.
It is easy enough to whip up a pot for the whole family and will make watching the Christmas present opening madness much more enjoyable!
MORE COFFEE COCKTAILS
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information.
Christmas Morning Coffee
This warm and cozy coffee cocktail is perfect for any time of year but especially during the holidays when you can make it festive with a dash of peppermint schnapps if you choose and some crushed candy canes.
This drink is actually the holiday version of the classic Millionaire’s Coffee which is perfect year round.
Christmas Morning Coffee is:
- Warm and comforting
- Packed with flavor
- Always a hit at holiday events
- Perfect when you want something extra special
What Is In Christmas Morning Coffee?
Obviously some good strong hot brewed coffee is a must for this cocktail.
Get a pot on as soon as the kids wake up on Christmas morning and you will be ready to drink your Christmas morning cocktail as they start on the stockings.
To make this delicious Christmas coffee cocktail, you will need:
- Hot Brewed Coffee (any kind)
- Frangelico or another Hazelnut Liqueur
- Irish Cream (Baileys or other)
- Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Whipped Cream and crushed candy canes
You can also add a little dash of peppermint schnapps into your mug for even more festive flavor.
How To Make Christmas Morning Coffee
This cocktail is so easy to make. All you need is a cocktail jigger or measuring jug, some freshly brewed coffee and a holiday glass or mug.
Start by adding in your Baileys followed by your other liquors.
Now fill the glass with freshly brewed black coffee
Top with whipped cream and some crushed candy canes
I used ready-made crushed candy canes but you can easily make your own by putting some candy canes in a zippered bag. Go over them with a rolling pin until they are crushed.
Christmas Morning Coffee is the perfect drink to company your holiday merriment. Easy to make and full of festive flavor, this is a delicious coffee cocktail
- Freshly Brewed Coffee (1 cup)
- 1 oz Frangelico
- 1 oz Bailey's
- 1 oz Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed candy canes
- Pour the Frangelico, Bailey's and Triple Sec into your cup while the coffee is brewing
- Top your glass up with hot coffee
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Add a dash of peppermint schnapps for more or a minty taste
- You can buy crushed candy canes or make your own by putting candy canes in a zip seal bag and going over them with a rolling pin.
More Winter Cocktails