This spicy Bloody Mary recipe V8 version is the perfect drink for anytime of day. Although we often think of Blody Marys as a beverage for brunch or early mornings, you will find this spicy alternative is great with all meals.
The added touch of the spicy rimmed glass is what really makes this drink special. You can easily whip it up in minutes at home and wow the guests at your next party.
The topper for this drink is almost a meal in itself, in fact, if you have ever been to Spain, it is what they like to call a “tapas” dish.
Cubed cheese, shrimp and pickles among other stuff make this a really special addition to the drink that, while optional, takes the presentation to another level.
Read on for the recipe and all the details on how to make this drink so good.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information.
Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe V8 Edition
This Bloody Mary recipe seems more complicated than it really is. If you want to make it even simpler, you can leave off the Bloody Mary rimmer and even the fancy garnish.
I do however, recommend trying them if you can as they really do take this recipe to the next level.
How do you make a Spicy Bloody Mary from scratch?
For this spicy Bloody Mary you will need the following ingredients:
- V8 Juice (this doesn’t have to be the spicy V8 if you can’t find it. Regular tomato or clamato juice also works)
- Vodka (your preferred brand)
- Olive Juice
- Hot Sauce
Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe
- Rim your glass as shown below
- Place all your ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well and strain into the glass.
- Top with garnish
Bloody Mary Rimmers Recipe
To make the spicy rim, you need the following:
- Fresh Lime
- Caesar Rimmer like this one. (celery salt also works).
Instructions For The Bloody Mary Rimmer
- Cut the lime into wedges
- Run one wedge around the top of the glass
- Dip the glass in the caesar rimmer salt
Bloody Mary Toppers
You can really go crazy with Bloody Mary Toppers. One idea I saw recently was to put out a “Bloody Mary topping bar” and let your guests help themselves. Just use bamboo skewers for spearing the garnishes.
Here are some options for amazing Bloody Mary toppings (and don’t be shy, use more than one!)
- Olives stuffed with pimiento
- Cubed Cheese
- Pepperoni or salami
Nothing beats a Bloody Mary for brunch or on a hot summer's day.
This spicy version tastes great and is almost a meal in itself.
- 1 cup V8 Juice
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish
- 1/2 ounce Olive Juice
- A Dash Hot Sauce
- Caesar Salt for the rim (optional)
- Lime for the rim (optional)
- Celery to garnish
- Rim the glass with lime juice and caesar salt if desired
- Place all other ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well
- Strain into the glass
- Top with celery and other garnishes as preferred
Optional garnishes - celery, olives, pickles, cubed cheese, shrimp, salami
More Fun Cocktail Recipes