Learn how to make an Arnold Palmer cocktail and get ready to wow your guests with this deliciously refreshing summer drink.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information
MORE BOURBON COCKTAILS
The Best Arnold Palmer Cocktail With Bourbon
The Bourbon Arnold Palmer cocktail is an exquisite fusion of two beloved beverages that creates a unique and captivating experience.
Whether you’re hosting a summer gathering, enjoying a relaxing evening at home, or simply looking to elevate your cocktail repertoire, this sophisticated blend of bourbon, tea, and lemonade will undoubtedly impress your guests and leave a lasting impression.
How To Make An Arnold Palmer Cocktail
A lot of people think an Arnold Palmer is half lemonade and half tea.
This is the REAL Arnold Palmer cocktail with a refreshing hint of lemonade and tea, with a slight bite from the bourbon whiskey.
For the full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to my printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
As far as special equipment goes, you will need a cocktail shaker and a strainer for this drink.
Here are the ingredients you need for this delicious drink:
- Unsweetened Tea (you can use freshly brewed black tea)
- Bourbon Whiskey
- Simple syrup (optional)
- Lemon slices for garnish
Arnold Palmer Cocktail Directions
Start by brewing a strong black tea
Use high-quality loose tea leaves or tea bags, and steep them in hot water for the appropriate amount of time specified on the packaging. Allow the tea to cool completely before using it in the cocktail.
In a cocktail shaker, add the bourbon, black tea, and lemonade. Add ice cubes to the shaker or glass.
Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds to ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Fill a Collins glass with fresh ice cubes.
Strain the cocktail from the shaker or pour it directly from the mixing glass into the glass.
Garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of mint
Tips for the perfect Arnold Palmer with Bourbon
- If you prefer a sweeter drink, you can use sweet tea instead.
- For a non-alcoholic version, just skip the bourbon!
Get ready for summer with this deliciously refreshing Arnold Palmer with bourbon! It is so easy to make and perfect for summer picnics or sipping poolside.
- 4 ounces Unsweetened Tea
- 2 ounces Lemonade
- 2 ounces Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon of simple syrup (optional)
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Start by brewing a black tea. Allow the drink to cool completely before preparing your Arnold Palmer.
- In a cocktail shaker or mixing glass, add your other ingredients.
- If you prefer a sweeter cocktail, you can adjust the quantities of tea and lemonade to suit your taste or add in simple syrup.
- Add ice cubes to the shaker or glass.
- Cover the shaker or glass and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Fill a highball or Collins glass with fresh ice cubes.
- Strain the cocktail from the shaker.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.