Add some old school Hollywood glamour to your drinks menu with this delicious Brown Derby cocktail recipe.
It is so simple to make with just three ingredients and perfect for those nights you want something extra special.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more information
MORE FUN COCKTAILS
Brown Derby Cocktail Recipe
This Brown Derby cocktail recipe is a classic Hollywood drink that will make you think of the golden age of the silver screen.
You can’t go wrong with a classic cocktail like the Brown Derby. It is not only easy to make but it is unique, and refreshing and sure to be a hit for any occasion.
Brown Derby Ingredients
If you are a fan of drinks such as the Pink Paloma, you will love the flavor profile of the Brown Derby.
The tart and biting grapefruit is soothed by the honey simple syrup while the whiskey gives it a little kick in the background.
For the full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to my printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
As far as special equipment goes, you will need a cocktail shaker for this drink.
- Bourbon Whiskey
- Grapefruit Juice
- Honey Syrup
How To Make A Brown Derby Cocktail
Add the bourbon, grapefruit juice, and honey syrup to a drink shaker.
Fill with ice.
Shake vigorously for 12 seconds.
Strain the drink into your cocktail glass with no ice.
Garnish with a grapefruit slice or peel. Enjoy!
Tips for the perfect Brown Derby
- This drink pairs very well with a chilled glass, so stick the glass in the fridge at least 15 minutes before serving.
- If you can’t find honey syrup anywhere, it is very easy to make at home. Simply boil 1 part honey and 1 part water until the mixture is incorporated.
- To sweeten up the drink a bit, add 1 ounce of honey syrup rather than a half ounce.
This easy to make and very elegant Brown Derby cocktail is sure to be a hit at your next party!
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz Grapefruit Juice
- ½ Ounce Honey Syrup
- Add the bourbon, grapefruit juice, and honey syrup to a drink shaker with ice
- Shake well for 15 seconds
- Strain into your martini glass (no ice!)
- Serve immediately. Top with a slice of grapefruit if desired.